COVID-19 | Pendamic
COVID-19 has got the global economy under a tight grip. With unique markets such as tourism and event-planning crashing around us, the public seems to be following the known saying by Will Rogers: “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” This is devastating news for many business owners, who wish they could somehow bring the crowds back to the shops and return to their former spending habits.
“Everything about how I handle my money has changed,” told us Lauren, a college student at Ben Gurion University in the southern city of Be’er Sheva. She’s a 24-year-old student, but the creases on her brow suggest she has a lot on her mind despite her young age. “I was fired from my part-time job when the coronavirus hit, and so I have to very careful about my spending. I’m struggling to make ends meet, with rent and paying for my university bill as well.”
She lifts a delicate finger, starting to count off the changes. “I hardly eat out anymore, even with friends. I try to get the least expensive thing on the menu or share a portion with a friend if I absolutely have to eat out. But it’s really changed most of my social interactions, which used to be out in bars and shopping malls. Now, I try to meet friends at home or at the park and pack my meal with me. I haven’t bought a new garment since the whole coronavirus fiasco began. It makes more sense to avoid shopping for clothes too, because there’s really nowhere to go out to anymore.” Lauren half-smiles before she continues. COVID-19 has got the global economy under a tight grip. And due to this virus, many people lost their life.
“I don’t feel like it’s safe to be out in pubs and restaurants right now. People seem to forget we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, and any outing like that could just make you catch the illness.” She shakes her head slightly, her sandy hair fanning out on her shoulders. “I would be so mad at myself if I caught the virus doing something unnecessary, like hanging out at a bar. Wouldn’t you?”
Indeed, many customers are shying away from shopping and eating at restaurants right now not only due to the heavy economic price the world is paying because of COVID-19. Many of them are just scared. They are right to fear meeting strangers in cramped spaces: recent studies have confirmed each coronavirus patient passes the illness on to at least three people.
“Many people just don’t want to take the risk,” told us a doctor who wished to remain anonymous. “I really don’t blame them. If somebody told you you only have a 95% chance of coming home today, would you take it? Because I sure as heck wouldn’t. I don’t like those odds at all – a 5% chance of death is a bad deal, no matter how you look at it.” Though death rates change from country to country, it’s clear that they are not as low as we would like them to be. COVID-19 has got the global economy under a tight grip. And due to this virus, many people lost their life.
“The trouble is having the medical system crack under the pressure of so many sick people,” continued on our anonymous source. “I heard stories about how they’d decided to only treat people under 65 in Italy at the peak of the first wave of this whole mess. Do you know what that’s like for a doctor? I took an oath to help anyone, absolutely anyone, who needed medical attention. I can’t imagine the anguish of having to let someone die, simply because we don’t have enough ventilators or free beds or hands to take care of them.” COVID-19 has got the global economy under a tight grip. And due to this virus, many people lost their life.
Businesses can help protect their customers as well as their staff, now more than ever. In fact, it seems like it’s a corporate responsibility to ensure that they impact both their customers and their workers positively. Creating a safer place for customers to receive service will help customers return to the shops, less afraid of contracting the dangerous new virus there. It seems that in this case, like many others, the best offense is a defense. “Infection prevention” is a wide term for actions taken to prevent infections from occurring in the first place. One such tactic is ensuring a high hand hygiene standard.
Soap deactivates the coronavirus’s structure, rendering the dangerous virus inactive. Its slippery consistency allows other harmful germs and bacteria to wash away easily with water. As long as one washes thoroughly and mindfully, following the correct steps, simple soap and water is one of the best-proven ways to prevent infections.
Soapy’s unique hand hygiene solution is tailored specifically for businesses – where a lot of people need to wash their hands quickly, effectively, with as little resource wastage as possible. COVID-19 has got the global economy under a tight grip. And due to this virus, many people lost their life.
The CleanMachine is a touch-free system, dispensing the correct amount of soap and warm water needed for a perfect wash cycle. This saves up to 95% of water and up to 60% of reagents otherwise wasted in a wash cycle. The water is set to a perfect 40 degrees celsius, as recommended by the WHO and CDC. The smart system scans the hands of the user, to ensure all the correct hand movements are practiced, as well as noting the person’s temperature and employee ID if the employer wishes so. Each user can get a live update on how thorough their handwashing technique had been, giving them a chance to learn and better it. This data is stored on the Soapy Wisdom Platform, a secure platform of reports accessible only to managers illustrating the business’s hygiene trends.
The CleanMachine can be stocked with hand sanitizer if one wishes, with the washing cycles adjusted accordingly. It is extremely easy to set up the system, requiring no outside help. If you want to learn more about the CleanMachine, you can contact us here.